Zinc is an essential mineral involved in numerous enzymes. It plays a role in antioxidant enzymes, brain function, and the immune system, among many other biological roles. Zinc is most commonly taken to reduce the frequency of illness and to support optimal levels of testosterone. Meat, egg, and legume products are common sources of Zinc.
Just Ask Joe
Andrea M asks: “I have expired medications that I need to dispose of. Is there a place and a proper way to get rid of them?“
Joe says: You should never dispose of medications in the trash, toilet, or sink. Apothicare360 has a registered secure disposal system. Simply bring in your expired and unwanted medications and deposit them in the Medsafe cabinet. So easy, and safe! For more info, just give us a call!
Want to submit your own question?
Just fill out our form and we’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours. For urgent questions, please contact your physician or health care provider immediately.
Recipe of the Month: Protein Bars
Put good in, get good out. These easy-to-make protein bars are a great way to get a boost of energy during that afternoon slump.
– 2 cups almonds
– ½ cup ground seeds (Flax, Chia, Pumpkin, or Sunflower)
– ½ cups dried prunes, dates, or raisins
– ½ cup shredded coconut
– ½ cup almond butter
– ½ tsp sea salt
– ½ cup melted coconut oil
– 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
– 2-3 tsp vanilla
– 8″x8″ lined glass baking dish
1. Pulse dry ingredients in a food processor.
2. Melt coconut oil on low heat; stir in syrup and vanilla
3. Combine dry and wet ingredient mixes until it becomes a paste
4. Press mixture into lined 8×8 inch glass baking dish
5. Chill for at least 1 hour, then cut into bars and enjoy!